Law Enforcement Agencies Guide
LAW ENFORCEMENT RESPONSE GUIDE
This guide addresses procedures for responding in accordance with England law to legal process and requests for information about Babbles and Babbles users from UK governmental entities.
This guide does not apply to legal process or requests from other domestic entities such as civil litigants or from foreign government agencies or litigants.
If law enforcement agencies wish to find information about Babbles, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BABBLES/ AUREANS REQUIRES VALID LEGAL PROCESS FOR DISCLOSURE OF USER INFORMATION
INFORMATION THAT MUST ACCOMPANY LAW ENFORCEMENT REQUESTS
Government agencies must submit with every request or piece of legal process specific information that Babbles/Aureans needs to accurately search its stored data. Anonymity adds to the complexity of identifying a person based on just the content posted. Law enforcement requests, including preservation requests, for user information must include:
- The content
- An image of the user’s public post, the precise text of the particular Babble with respect to which information is sought about which the legal process is seeking information;
- The specific information (e.g., usage data) that is requested and its relationship to your investigation;
- The Date (and time if possible) at which this Babble in question is posted
- The name of the town/city visible in public domain and,
- The date by which a response is requested.
We may disclose information or content to UK government agencies without receiving legal process when we believe, in good faith, that an emergency involving a danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure without delay.
If a UK government agency believes that such an emergency exists, it should provide to Aureans the following information, in writing, via the contact information provided below:
- A summary of the emergency;
- An explanation of how the emergency involves a danger of death or serious physical injury that requires disclosure of the records sought without delay;
- An explanation of how the requested communications relate to the emergency; and
- An explanation of why the emergency precludes the entity from obtaining legal process.
In addition, we need the following information to verify that the emergency request is from a UK law enforcement authority:
- Requesting Agency name;
- Requesting Agent name; and
- Requesting Agent and Agency work contact information, such as a government email address, phone number, fax number, or mailing address.
UK government agencies may send legal process or requests for records to Aureans at:
Email : email@example.com
NON-UK LAW ENFORCEMENT REQUESTS
We are a UK based company, headquartered in Watford, England and respond to valid, legal process from UK government agencies or courts.