WHAT ABOUT INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US?
We use your phone number as identification to us. This information is not published or shared with any third parties. While using the App, you remain truly anonymous to the outer world. In rare circumstances, we might be asked to provide information to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or government request.
You may provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, update your account, interact with the Services, apply for a job at our company, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
Many features of the Services will not work unless you provide us with some information about your location. If you consent to the collection of location information (e.g. if you permit your mobile device to send us your latitude and longitude), we will collect and use this information both while you are directly using the Services and in the “background” (i.e. at times when you are not directly using the Services e.g. Pockets), so that we can tailor your interactions and experiences with the Services and to provide more relevant advertising to you on our Services and other websites and mobile applications. For example, we or our advertising partners may show you Babbles from people around you or places you frequently visit, notifications of things happening around you in real time, or advertisements from businesses near your location. If you do not permit your mobile device to provide us with location information, or location information is not available from your device for technical reasons, we may use your IP address or information about the Wi-Fi SSID from which you access the Services to determine an approximate geographic location for your device.
We collect information about your use of the Services, including access times, pages and Babbles viewed, user and Babbles interactions (e.g. hearts, flags and replies) and other information about your interactions with us, the Services and other users. We use this information to, among other things, personalise your experience, provide and improve the Services, and monitor and analyse use of the Services.
We collect information in our log files when you use the Services. This includes, among other things, your browser and device type, language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the URL you visited before navigating to our websites. We use log information to provide, understand, and improve our Services.
Your Information - What Do We Share and How Do We Share
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
• Any Babble posted to the Services is public and, as a result, others will be able to see the time the Babble was posted, the text and image contents of your Babble and the geographic location in which you posted your Babble.
• If you post any User Content to the Services, other Babbles users may be able to see certain information related to your location. For example, other users may be able to see whether you are or were within a certain proximity of their current location or if you frequent similar locations.
• If you invite others to try Babbles via SMS, email or otherwise, those individuals may see your name, phone number, email address or other contact information.
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Babbles or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
• Between and among Babbles, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
• If we have a good faith belief that disclosing the information is necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share Babbles with other media. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES
For more information about online advertising, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used by participating companies for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page.
Your mobile device also may include a feature (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through our mobile application used for behavioral advertising purposes.
When you first download or open any of our mobile applications or access certain features of the Services, you will be asked to consent to the collection of location information from your mobile device or platform. If you consent to the collection of this information but later wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so at any time by either changing the settings on your mobile device or deleting our mobile application. For more information about disabling location information on your mobile device, please refer to our FAQs.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
WHERE INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
Babbles is based in the United Kingdom and the information we collect is governed by English law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United Kingdom and other countries.